Hi Nabor Supermarket Deli Cooks creates an exceptional customer service experience by planning, preparing, cooking, and serving quality foods to customers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner while ensuring the deli department is properly maintained.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
- Reading recipes, preparing and mixing ingredients, chopping/peeling vegetables, meats, etc., and cooking foods utilizing various utensils, grills, stove tops, etc.
- Maintaining a sanitary kitchen area in compliance with company policies and industry standards.
- Maintaining an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with a primary emphasis on fast, friendly, and accurate service.
- Preparing food/deli products to meet customer specifications.
- Complying with safety and health standards to ensure safe handling of food.
- Identifying, correcting, and reporting unsafe conditions that could cause accidents.
- Properly cleaning equipment and tools utilized.
- Minimizing shrinkage through proper handling of products.
- Providing assistance to co-workers.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures and all regulations.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS :
- Experience as a cook in a retail/service environment.
- An ability to work flexible schedules through the day, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Exceptional customer service skills, creating an excellent customer experience by preparing food to customer specifications, offering assistance, and maintaining a friendly and polite attitude.
- Strong team working skills to aid co-workers.
- A physical ability to stand and walk for long periods with an ability to lift and carry heavy items.