Hi Nabor Supermarket Cashiers create an exceptional customer service experience by providing prompt and courteous service through greetings, checking customers out, processing payments, answering inquiries, and properly bagging items for customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
- Creating a welcoming experience by greeting customers, answering inquiries, and providing assistance.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics to properly scan, price, and verify quantities of items.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, and ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate while providing a receipt to every customer.
- Following store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Packaging groceries purchased by customers into plastic, paper, or cloth bags while strategically arranging items to avoid damage or breakage.
- Providing fast and efficient service while checking for leftover items in baskets/carts, placing packaged items back in baskets/carts, and replenishing bags as necessary.
- Assisting in ensuring a clean environment at the registers by wiping spills, sweeping floors, removing litter, mopping, etc.
- Complying with safety standards while reporting malfunctioning equipment as necessary.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS :
- Experience as a cashier.
- An ability to work flexible schedules through the day, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Exceptional customer service skills, creating an excellent store experience by packing purchases with care, offering assistance, and maintaining a friendly and polite attitude.
- Strong organizational skills to assist in properly and systematically arranging grocery items.
- An ability to memorize the store layout and product locations to assist with customer inquiries and efficiently locate items.
- Strong math and computer skills to properly operate equipment.
- Strong cash handling skills to ensure balancing of registers.
- Strong team working skills to aid co-workers.
- A physical ability to stand and walk for an entire shift with an ability to lift and carry heavy items.