Hi Nabor Supermarket Assistant Manager’s report to the Store Manager and are responsible for creating an exceptional customer service and employee experience by ensuring store locations are operating in a clean, safe, welcoming, and compliant manner
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
- Maintaining an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with a primary emphasis on fast, friendly, and accurate service.
- Managing daily operations of the store to meet established goals while providing updates and recommendations to the Store Manager.
- Providing direction and guidance to team members to ensure Hi Nabor Supermarket standards are met and to foster a strong team environment.
- Following and enforcing store policies, security measures, and customer service standards.
- Providing excellent customer service to foster sales growth.
- Developing and fostering a positive shopping experience to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assisting with the recruiting, training, and coaching of team members to retain top talent.
- Evaluating team member performance and providing regular coaching/feedback to ensure alignment with company standards.
- Assist with team member schedules to ensure proper staffing levels throughout the store location.
- Performing inventory control audits to avoid stock overage/shortage while reporting discrepancies to the Store Manager.
- Managing product storage and rotation activities to reduce spoilages and damages.
- Responding to customer concerns and addressing them in a manner consistent with store expectations.
- Ensuring grocery shelves are well stocked and maintained in a clean and organized fashion at all times.
- Ensuring products are properly tagged and labeled.
- Setting up product displays in store entrances and other sections according to merchandising standards.
- Complying with and enforcing safety and health standards to ensure the safe handling of food items.
- Identifying, correcting, and reporting unsafe conditions that could cause accidents.
- Developing process improvements to maximize sales and profitability.
- Minimizing shrinkage through proper handling of products.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures and all regulations.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS :
- Experience in a management role within the retail industry, including supervisory experience.
- Strong communication skills to provide exceptional service to team members and customers.
- An ability to work flexible schedules through the day, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Exceptional customer service skills, creating an excellent customer experience, offering assistance, and maintaining a friendly and polite attitude.
- Strong team working skills to aid co-workers.
- A physical ability to stand and walk for long periods with an ability to lift and carry heavy items.