JOB DESCRIPTION :
Grocery stores must keep shelves, cases, racks and endcaps stocked and displayed to satisfy the needs of their customers. The grocery stocker plays a pivotal role in helping the store meet these goals. Grocery stockers serve as the initial recipients of merchandise that ultimately will reach the hands of shoppers. They also help preserve the safety of shoppers and other employees and promote the store’s image of quality customer service.
• Place merchandise on shelves, ends of aisles, cases, racks and other locations as directed by supervisor or manager
• Unpack shipments and compare quantities and type of product with invoice or shipment paperwork
• Report any defects in products, such as breaks, leaks and tears in containers, deficiencies in quantities, or incorrectly shipped products
• Organize and clean stockrooms
• Assist customers with retrieving certain items
• Guide customers to particular products when requested
• Keep store floors, including aisles, clean and free of obstructions or other hazards
• Place “wet floor” warnings in areas which have become wet or slick due to mopping or spills
• Answer customer questions about availability and location of merchandise
• Retrieve grocery carts and baskets from store parking lots and other locations throughout store
• Upon request, take customers’ purchases to vehicles
• Helpful and enthusiastic
• Excellent customer service and mannerism
• Friendly and approachable
• Flexible to work day, evening, and weekend shifts as required
• Able to stand and walk around for long periods at a time
• Able to move, lift and carry a minimum of 40lbs
I authorize the Employer to make any investigation it deems appropriate concerning me, and authorize any public agency, person, company, organization, doctor, or medical facility to release such information, including information concerning any prior criminal convictions.
I hereby release all parties from all liability for any damages that may result from their providing information to the Employer, regarding my background.
As a condition of employment, or continued employment, I agree and consent to take physical and other examinations when required and such future physical examinations as may be required by the Employer.
I understand that if employed, any misrepresentation or omission of fact on this application shall be considered grounds for my dismissal.
I understand that if employed, my employment will be for an indefinite period of time, and that I may terminate my employment at any time for any reason, and that the Employer may do likewise; I further understand that no representative of the Company has authority to enter into any agreement to the contrary, unless such agreement is in writing and signed by a management official.