JOB DESCRIPTION :
We are looking for a responsible person to receive, inspect and record shipments of products and supplies. You will be responsible for verifying packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the invoices. A receiving clerk must have a great eye for detail and basic math skills. They must also have adequate physical strength to unload shipments as well as the clerical skills to update records and follow up with vendors. The goal is to ensure we receive the correct packages and pay the correct price.
• Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
• Unload packages from incoming trucks
• Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
• Verify packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, price etc.)
• Contact supplier or shipper if a mistake is identified
• Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements
• Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
• Ensure invoices are signed and paid for satisfactory deliveries
• Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
• Proven experience as receiving clerk or similar position
• Experience in operating forklifts
• Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
• Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
• Basic math and recording abilities
• Excellent organizational skills
• Great communication and interpersonal abilities
• Keen eye for detail
• Good physical condition
I authorize the Employer to make any investigation it deems appropriate concerning me, and authorize any public agency, person, company, organization, doctor, or medical facility to release such information, including information concerning any prior criminal convictions.
I hereby release all parties from all liability for any damages that may result from their providing information to the Employer, regarding my background.
As a condition of employment, or continued employment, I agree and consent to take physical and other examinations when required and such future physical examinations as may be required by the Employer.
I understand that if employed, any misrepresentation or omission of fact on this application shall be considered grounds for my dismissal.
I understand that if employed, my employment will be for an indefinite period of time, and that I may terminate my employment at any time for any reason, and that the Employer may do likewise; I further understand that no representative of the Company has authority to enter into any agreement to the contrary, unless such agreement is in writing and signed by a management official.