JOB DESCRIPTION : Baggers play a major role in the customer service of grocery stores. Their most basic responsibility is packing purchased items into bags and then bringing these directly to customer vehicles, but they may also address inquiries or help customers locate items in the store. This is a physically demanding job, since baggers spend much of their time either standing or walking.
- The main job duty for a grocery bagger is placing groceries purchased by customers into plastic or paper bags, or in cloth bags which customers bring along. They may carry the bagged groceries to the customer’s car as well.
- Grocery baggers also take hand baskets left at the check-out back to their proper area, and collect shopping carts from the parking lot.
- Grocery baggers also check for misplaced items, and return those where they belong. They also return any items left at the check-out which the customer decided not to buy.
- Baggers also perform light custodial work, such as cleaning up broken items or spills, picking up litter in the store or in the parking lot, and restocking paper towels in restrooms.
- Being friendly and approachable while bagging groceries and helping people out to their car is necessary.
- Baggers must be able to quickly decide which items will fit in the bag without damaging the food or ripping the bag.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service
- Attention to detail
I authorize the Employer to make any investigation it deems appropriate concerning me, and authorize any public agency, person, company, organization, doctor, or medical facility to release such information, including information concerning any prior criminal convictions.
I hereby release all parties from all liability for any damages that may result from their providing information to the Employer, regarding my background.
As a condition of employment, or continued employment, I agree and consent to take physical and other examinations when required and such future physical examinations as may be required by the Employer.
I understand that if employed, any misrepresentation or omission of fact on this application shall be considered grounds for my dismissal.
I understand that if employed, my employment will be for an indefinite period of time, and that I may terminate my employment at any time for any reason, and that the Employer may do likewise; I further understand that no representative of the Company has authority to enter into any agreement to the contrary, unless such agreement is in writing and signed by a management official.